Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'barry33'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home2/barry33/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gplusactivator/gplusactivator.core.php on line 422
Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home2/barry33/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gplusactivator/gplusactivator.core.php on line 422
Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home2/barry33/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gplusactivator/gplusactivator.core.php on line 423
Eating Healthy Lifestyle
Eating healthy food is all part of living a healthy lifestyle. To get the most out of eating healthy you need to look far beyond the foods you are used to eating. Many people think eating healthy is simply not very interesting and takes too much time and work to implement. This is actually not true at all. To eat healthy you need to think globally.
Heart Healthy Eating
Geographically speaking, there is a world of great cuisine that is both very tasty and very healthy for you. And to top it off, they are not very hard to prepare. Food from each of the continents offer a wide variety of vitamin enriched and heart healthy items that can help you lose weight, lower your cholesterol, and give you more energy.
Here are 5 Ways To Eating Healthy – Global Style
- In Nordic countries such as Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden, and Finland, people live on a diet consisting of elk and reindeer. This meat is low in fat and high in protein. They also eat oily fish such as herring and salmon which contain omega-3 which are great for the heart. They eat a lot of cabbage which is a cheap super-food. It is packed with phytochemicals which are cancer fighters as well as rich in vitamins and fiber.
- In Asia, scientists have discovered that eating mushrooms and drinking green tea can slash the risk of breast cancer by two thirds. Ginger is a root that can lower blood pressure, reduce cholesterol, and help settle your stomach due to travel or morning sickness. In Japan, diets consist of mainly seafood which is high in protein and low in saturated fats. Even sushi has been found to protect people from lung cancer. In Thailand, chillies are a staple in cooking but even though they may be hot, scientists have found that the chemical capsaicin, which make these chillies hot, acts like an anti-inflammatory for disorders such as arthritis.
- In India, curries have been used for centuries for cooking but only now have they been found to help prevent Alzheimer’s disease. Turmeric, an ingredient found in curry, help clear the protein that causes Alzheimer’s.
- In Russia, Beetroot, which borscht is made from helps lower cholesterol and your chances of having a stroke. It is called a super-root because it is a powerful antioxidant.
- In the Mediterranean countries, Olive oil is used in all matters of cooking. It contains very high levels of good fats and omega-3s and will help lower high cholesterol. One side benefit of Olive oil is that it can act as a painkiller because it reduces inflammation.
Develop Your Healthy Eating Habit
As you can see, not only do these foods taste good but they all have medicinal benefits as well. Eating healthy is not very hard if you know what types of food are good for you and what types of food to avoid. So go ahead and take a trip to the kitchen, global style. Your body will thank you for it.