Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home2/barry33/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gplusactivator/gplusactivator.core.php on line 422
Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home2/barry33/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gplusactivator/gplusactivator.core.php on line 422
Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home2/barry33/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gplusactivator/gplusactivator.core.php on line 423
How To Buy Organic Food For Less
Many people have indicated they want to buy organic food for less but think the price is far out of reach. This kind of thinking has kept too many people from realizing that there are bargains to be had when buying organic food. Organic food has become a hot topic among consumers and is in serious demand. Many grocery stores have dedicated large parts of their store to cater to those who want to buy organic food for less as well as convenience.
Why Buy Organic Food For Less?
With a multitude of bad news coming from the FDA about toxins in our food, salmonella poisoning, mad cow disease and food recalls, consumers are demanding only the best, freshest, and chemically free food they can get their hands on. But how do you afford organic food? And, is organic food that much better than conventionally grown food? Also, is it worth the price? These are just a few of the questions consumers have who haven’t tried organic food.
Among the many benefits consumers have when choosing organic food are health and environmental. Many just want to get back to eating healthy food that is grown naturally. The idea to eat organic food is a good choice but what is the secret on how to buy organic food for less?
What Can I Do To Buy Organic Food For Less?
Shoppers have many ways to buy organic food for less but are not willing to put that extra effort in to save money. Here are few ways you can buy organic food for less and still eat healthy:
- In-Season Buying – The best time of the year to buy any fruit or vegetable is during it’s “in-season”. This holds true for organic foods also. You can score the best deals and save big when you know when certain foods are in abundance. You should also plan your healthy meals arounf i-season foods to get all the healthy benefits you can.
- Buy Organic Store Brands – Many of the organic food stores carry their own brand of food and they sell it much cheaper than the national brands. they are all certified as organic so you know you are getting quality food.
- Buy At Amazon.com– Amazon.com sells organic food and if you buy it in bulk, you get free shipping. The prices are comparable and you get it shipped free to your door. This way you don’t have to waste time and gas when you shop.
- Shop At Farmer’s Markets– Just about every town or county has a farmer’s market. To find yours just go to localharvest.com and punch in your zip code. You get locally grown fruits and vegetables and if you wait till after 3:00PM, you get to haggle and save even more ( this is when local farmers must liquidate their inventory). This is a great way to buy organic food for less.
- Contact Organic Food Companies– Another great way to buy organic food for less is to contact the organic food manufacturers themselvesand ask for coupons for items that you buy all the time. These may include Kashi, Brown Cow, Hain, Cascadian and Stonyfield Farm. It can’t hurt and they can only say yes or no so you’ve got a good shot to get the coupons you need for items you will always be buying.
- Join A Food Co-Op – Many towns have started food co-ops. This means you can share in the bulk buying of organic food without spending large amounts of money. Some require you to pay a modest fee to join the co-op while others ask you donate your time as a membership fee.
- Look For Family Run Farms – Look for family run farms. Many don’t like to sell at farmer’s markets so if you contact them and develope a friendship, you can buy great organic food for less. The same goes for pick-as-you-go orchards and berry farms.
- Grow Your Own Organic Produce – This has become a lost art. For many consumers, growing your own food can be time consuming but it really is the best way to get back to nature. You control what goes into your soil and you can grow whatever food you want. It is also a great way to save money and eat healthy.
As you can see, organic food is not only very healthy for you but you can really save money. It is not hard to buy organic food for less, you just need do your homework.