Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home2/barry33/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gplusactivator/gplusactivator.core.php on line 422
Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home2/barry33/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gplusactivator/gplusactivator.core.php on line 422
Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home2/barry33/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gplusactivator/gplusactivator.core.php on line 423
Keeping Your Healthy Diet Fresh
Is keeping yourself on a healthy diet weighing you down because you have run out of ideas for meals?
It may seem like a struggle but you can turn that struggle into a positive force by making just a few tweaks to your approach when formulating your healthy diet.
Making Healthy Diet Choices
You have two choices when it comes to making a change. You can either start all over again or you can analyze what you are doing and add some pizazz and functionality to your healthy diet. It doesn’t have to be a major change but a change you can live with.
Here Are 5 Strategies You Can Use To Keep Your Healthy Diet Fresh
- Make a list of your favorite foods. This should include food you enjoy, even those you don’t eat very often (this may sound easy enough but you don’t know how many people skip this process and wonder why they get bored so easy). But why a list? It gives you options. And options are what you’re looking for. This allows you to widen your meal base. Many people tend to focus on just a few different foods and after awhile they narrow that down even further until they’re forced into making a change and that’s when they ruin their healthy diet.
- Actively search out new recipes. There are literally thousands of recipes for every type of meat, fish, poultry, soup, vegetarian food and dessert available if you take the time to look for them. In fact, you can find recipes in Woman’s Day, Better Homes and Gardens, Cooking Light, Everyday With Rachel Ray, Family Circle, Bon Appetite, Good Housekeeping and Martha Stewart Living among others and these are healthy and tasty recipes that can put zip back into your healthy diet.
- Spend some time in the kitchen. Cooking is a good thing. It’s one of life’s guilty pleasures so don’t make it so negative. The kitchen is a place where the aromas, textures and tastes all come together in perfect harmony and fills the air with goodness. Rejoice in the food and it will not be a chore. Remember, what you sow you will also reap.
- Don’t fall into temptation. When we are in a bad mood or depressed or even if our lives are in disarray, don’t let temptation sucker you into making bad food decisions. We we don’t feel well, we make excuses for our actions and this can derail our healthy diet. If you have negative feelings try thinking of a positive experience you had with healthy food and feed off of that. This can inspire you to make new discoveries thereby solving one of your problems.
- Don’t plan out your meals. This may go against conventionml thinking but realize that when you start planning meals, it may both overwhelm you and become a chore. Be spontaneous with your meals. Let your creativity take over and have fun! If you put the fun back into your healthy diet you will find it has many positive benefits.
You can choose to be lazy or you can choose to make you food come alive! If you want to make your choices come alive you have to consciously make the decision to improve your healthy diet and then follow through.